The Ultimate Guide To Permanent Makeup & Microblading Aftercare
The Ultimate Guide To Permanent Makeup & Microblading Aftercare
Following the right Permanent Makeup & Microblading aftercare is so important if you want long-lasting, beautiful results. But what is the right PMU aftercare advice to follow? Wet or dry healing? Which products are best? And how many times should you apply them?
After 25 years in the industry, Tracie Giles has tried pretty much every process and product on the market. Some have worked brilliantly, and some definitely haven’t…but she has used all of this knowledge and experience to create the ultimate guide for Permanent Makeup & Microblading aftercare.
Whether you have had your eyebrows microbladed or have had your brows, eyeliner or Gloss & Go Lip Blush digitally tattooed using a cosmetic tattooing machine, the basic aftercare steps are the same. Keep the area clean, dry and use the right products to lock in pigment, speed up the healing process and prevent infection!
Step 1: Clean
- 3-4 hours after your treatment wash the area very gently with tepid water and a gentle soap.
- Using just your fingertips, gently rub the area for 10 seconds. Rinse the area with tepid water and make sure that all the soap is rinsed away.
- Blot dry with a clean tissue.
- Don’t worry! This will not wash away the pigment, it will just remove any blood or excess pigment. This helps to avoid any scabs forming and reduces the risk of infection
Step 2: Cleanse & Soothe
- For 7-10 days after your treatment, use our PTSC: Post Traumatic Skin Cleanser to clean the area and remove any bacteria or build-up of product, dead skin or blood.
- This cleanser has been designed by Tracie Giles and a team of biochemists specifically for Permanent Makeup & Microblading aftercare. Not only does it gently cleanse and help to prevent infection, it also contains anti-inflammatories to help soothe the area and speed up the healing process.
- Every morning and evening spray our PTSC: Post Traumatic Skin Cleanser onto a clean cotton bud and gently wipe the area. Wipe with a smooth, light motion in one direction.
Step 3: Moisturise
- Once the area is dry, apply a thin layer of our Crème Rescue Serum to the entire face and neck. Any Cosmetic Aesthetics or Permanent Makeup treatment that causes micro-damage creates a ‘destruct & repair’ cycle in the skin which is not just isolated to the treatment area – it impacts all of the skin on the face and neck.
- Cosmetic aesthetic treatments such as laser, injectables, peels, heat therapies and Permanent Makeup cause shock and trauma to our skin before triggering a healing-response. During this period of ‘downtime’, how well our skin heals will determine how effective the results of our treatment will be and how long the visible marks will take to disappear. Our Crème Rescue Serum has been developed to rescue skin that has been purposefully damaged, promote scar free healing and supercharge the results of your treatment!
- This serum locks in the pigment, working to keep as much pigment in the skin as possible to give you the best, long-lasting results. Accelerating the healing process, our Crème Rescue Serum also contains a pain relief ingredient making sure you are as comfortable as possible.
Directions for use after treatment:
- Apply the Crème Rescue Serum with clean fingers to the treatment area and entire face and neck up to 4 x per day for 3 days after your treatment.
- Then use the Crème Rescue Serum 2 x per day over entire face after cleansing morning & night.
- Continue this routine until you have finished the bottle.
To continue to keep your skin healthy, hydrated, calm and in optimal condition continue to use the Crème Rescue Serum as part of your regular skin maintenance routine.
Step 4: Healing
- Try to avoid getting the area wet again for 7-10 days, other than the cleansing protocol.
- If the treatment area does get wet, pat dry very gently with a clean tissue then apply the PTSC: Post Traumatic Cleansing Spray.
- Avoid excessive exercise, swimming or spas for 7-10 days to keep the area dry.
How do I shower?!
We know it’s difficult to keep your face completely dry when showering, so here are some of our top tips to avoid getting the treatment area wet in the shower:
- Limit your shower to 5 minutes (or less if possible!) and avoid very hot showers so that there is not too much steam.
- Do not wash your face in the shower. Wash your face at the basin using a flannel so you can avoid the treated area. Or use a clean cotton pad and cleanser, again avoiding the treated area.
- Wash your hair at the very end of your shower so that if any water does get on the area, you can blot dry with a clean tissue as soon as you are out of the shower.
- Stay out of direct sunlight for 7-10 days – this can prematurely fade the pigment before it has had chance to heal in the skin.
- No facials or aesthetic treatments (lip fillers, anti-wrinkle injections etc.) for 2 weeks.
- Use fresh pillowcases as often as you can in the first 2 weeks after treatment and avoid sleeping face down.
- Avoid using conventional makeup on or near the area for 2 weeks.
- Do not rub, pick or scratch the area as this may result in scarring or loss of pigment.
Why use Tracie Giles Microblading & Permanent Makeup Aftercare?
- Designed by Tracie Giles and a team of biochemists, combining all her knowledge and experience of the permanent makeup & microblading industry with the science behind creating aftercare that really works.
- Accelerates the healing process.
- Locks in pigment giving you the best chance of long-lasting results.
- Contains anti-inflammatories to soothe the skin.
- Very gentle and can be used on the whole face, including in the sensitive eye area as a compress or eye cream.
- Anti-wrinkle & anti-pollution.
- Originally created for use after aesthetic treatments to rescue damaged skin and enhance the results, the anti-ageing and overall healing properties of the serum have been honed to make it perfect for use aspart of your daily skincare routine to protect against environmental and pollution damage, ageing and on any irritated or compromised skin.
Please Note: The above are our general guidelines for Permanent Makeup & Microblading aftercare. Multiple factors can influence your aftercare routine including skin conditions or sensitivities, skin type etc. Your Tracie Giles London technician will advise you on the best aftercare routine for you.